Denied Social Security? What should you do?
Tips to Win Your Disability Case
Go to every doctor’s appointment – if you can’t make it, tell your doctor as soon as possible and reschedule.
Make a list of your jobs for the last 15 years. Write the name of the job, when you started, when you stopped, what you did, and how much money you made. Find letters from old employers if you can.
Ask your doctor to write Social Security a letter or note describing your condition and what it means for your everyday life.
Share your attorney’s information with a friend or family member in case something unexpected happens to you, like a hospitalization.
Find a safe place for your Social Security paperwork. Keep those documents together.
Tell you doctor when your medication isn’t working.
Tell your doctor about ALL your symptoms and conditions
• Don’t keep things to yourself because you are embarrassed.
• Don’t tell your doctor your’e “fine” if you aren’t.
Keep a “Disability” journal, record things like:
• Daily pain levels
• Migraine frequency, length, and symptoms
• Household chores, hobbies, and social events
• Mood swings
• Medical tests – what, when, where, and who sent you
• Bad days