About Our Practice

Who We Are


We are a small, one-attorney firm specializing in Social Security Disability claims.  We pride ourselves on our customer service.  Our goal is to get our clients the benefits they need to improve their quality of life, health, and independence.  We’ve helped many Kern County residents get their lives back on track, and we would like the opportunity to help you, too.


Erica M. Scott


Erica was born and bred in Bakersfield and attended Stockdale High School.  She graduated from Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles with a B.S. in Mathematics and a B.A. in French and Asian & Pacific Studies.  She was a law clerk at Olson, Hagel, & Fishburn, LLP, in Sacramento, where she handled Social Security Disability claims.  She completed law school at McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento and is a licensed member of the California State Bar.  She is also a member of the Kern County Bar and NOSSCR (National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives).  

What Makes You Eligible for SSI Benefits?

Condition Lasts a Year or More

Your medical condition or conditions must last for at least a year to qualify for benefits.

Medical Conditions are Severe

Your medical condition or conditions must be severe. That means they prevent you from doing some or all work activities.

Medical Treatment

You must have a medical condition or conditions that can be proven. That means you must be getting medical treatment. It is very difficult to win a Social Security Disability case without medical evidence.

Limited Resources & Assets

To qualify for SSI, you and your spouse together must have low income. The rules for how much money you can have are complex and if you have questions about how many resources and how much in assets you can have and still qualify, you should contact the Social Security Administration. If you believe you are low income, you should apply for SSI even if you also apply for SSDI.

Tips to Win Your Disability Case

Contact Us Today For A FREE Consultation: 661.616.1352

Request Consultation